Popular Posts

Friday 11 March 2011

Ebb+Flow BUNTEP's wise words, Manitoba

WISE WORDS FROM  EBB AND FLOW : mid-term exam  
Ever since I can remember, I knew a rock was a rock. I didn't know rocks were made up of minerals
Since I started taking this course I always thought a "rock is a rock". Now I see a rock as made up of different kind of minerals.
Knowing how the Earth works can help us survive natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.
Only when I could test a rock from another galaxy for its age, only then, would I believe there was one Big Bang.
I think the (background) radiation in deep space is the faint after glow of the Big Bang
Volcanologists have to be very accurate in their predictions
The videos give out a lot of interesting information. Usually, professors' videos are basically boring, but the videos I have seen were far from it
Mother nature does kill some innocent people (with volcanoes), but she always replaces it back with new land, fresh soil and a new start to begin with. The course has been a real eye opener
Everything was created through gases, dust and bacteria. Someday, maybe not this millennium, it will happen again whether you believe it will or not
There are many types of volcanoes, each one has its own unique form. When a volcano is active people have to take the necessary precautions and just get out of the way, because a volcano is very real danger
The ash (from Mt. St. Helen's eruption) caused allergic reaction to my skin...red patches, etc caused my skin to peel off. I recovered after about 2 weeks
You can't charge a volcano with murder and you can't put a volcano on trial in front of a judge & jury
Most volcanoes leave destruction but later on the people benefit because the land is lush with rich plant life. When a disaster strikes, that is when the government listens
Volcanoes are Earth's way of letting out its frustration
What the Kraffts did for science, with their videos, make the subject more interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment